Sunshine, holidays and outdoor adventures, July is an exciting month for lots of us! What could make it even better…. ICE CREAM!
With so many ice-cream brands that we know and love, we are certainly spoilt for choice more and more every year. Whether you love to have your ice-cream on a stick, in a cone, with a flake or smothered in sauce it certainly is a dessert that lets you get creative!
Our love for ice-cream doesn’t stop there, the growing popularity of Little Moons made the tasty mochi ice cream become a Tik Tok sensation. This trend started when fans created videos to review the treat and soon around 53.4 million Tik Tok users had viewed the hashtag #littlemoon.
“A combination of traditional Japanese rice cake, mochi, and ice cream, they’re tiny ice cream sandwiches! The Little Moons mochi balls have proved so popular on the platform that sales have risen by 700 per cent since past December, with retailers working hard to keep them in stock.”
To celebrate National Ice Cream month in style, we have selected a few healthy recipes so you can enjoy your favourite icy treat without the guilt!
Healthy banana & peanut butter ice cream
- 4 ripe bananas , chopped into 3cm chunks, then frozen
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- 1 tbsp organic peanut butter
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp dark chocolate , grated
- 1 tbsp flaked almonds
- STEP 1
Tip the frozen bananas and almond milk into a blender. Blend together to create a smooth consistency. Add the peanut butter and cinnamon, and blend again. Taste and add more cinnamon, if you like.
- STEP 2
Transfer to a freezer-proof container and freeze for 1 hr.
- STEP 3
Take out of the freezer and serve with grated chocolate and flaked almonds sprinkled over.
4 Ingredient Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 13.5-oz cans full fat coconut milk (approx 3 1/3 cups)
- 1/2 cup regular unsweetened coconut milk or unsweetened milk of choice
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, and stir until mixed well.
- Transfer mixture to an ice cream maker. Follow according to your ice cream maker’s instructions.
- Freeze for at least 3-4 hours prior to serving.
Without An Ice Cream Maker
- Combine all the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour into a Ziploc bag and freeze for about 3 hours.
- Break the frozen mixture into pieces and blend in a food processor.
- Put in a freezer safe container and freeze overnight (or 3-4 hours at least)
- Remove from the freezer and enjoy!